I love good dip for my snacks, especially one that has some kick to it. This dip caught my eye in a recipe book and I thought I’d share it before I headed off to get the ingredients myself. Best eaten with fresh vegetables or garlic bagel chips. Yum.
Prep time: 20 mins.
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 C dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) pkg 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened. (Also called Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 C chili sauce
- 1/4 C chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 C chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, pour 1 C boiling water over tomatoes, let stand at room temp for 5-10 mins. Drain and chop tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt and chili sauce; mix well.
- Add tomatoes and other remaining ingredients; mix well and refrigerate until serving time.