Dips like this one are always enjoyed in my home. Especially when binge watching a show series, or a movie anthology. I’ve always loved black bean mixes, there’s just something delicious about them and the way that they mix with other ingredients for things like this.
- 1 (15 oz) can Black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) pkg 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened. (Also called Neufchâtel)
- 1/3 C chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Optional of course)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 Jalapeno chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- Heat oven to 375° F. in a food processor bowl with a metal blade, combine all ingredients except parsley.
- Process until well blended. Spread mixture in ungreased 9-in pie pan
- Bake for 15 mins or until hot. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with cut veggies or baked tortilla chips to enjoy.