Nothing tastes quite as good as chicken soup, especially if it’s homemade. Less salt and other ingredients that you probably can’t pronounce in it that way. I don’t know, its just tastier without the can in the middle in my own opinion. This soup is hearty and filling, has a prep time of only 20 mins and yields 6 1 1/2 cup servings.
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz) ready to serve fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 5 1/4 oz (2 C) uncooked medium shell pasta
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 4 cups sim milk
- 1 C frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 (2 oz) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp dried basil leaves
- dash of white pepper
- In a non-stick dutch oven, Bring brother to a boil, add pasta and chicken. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 9-11 mins or until pasta is of desired doneness.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight fitting lid, combine 1 C of the milk, and the flour, beat with a wire whisk or shake until well blended
- Add flour mixture and remaining milk and other ingredients to the broth mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the soup is bubbly and thickened, and the chicken is no longer pink.
- You can add salt to taste if desired.