These personalized pizzas, originally found here, are a great way to cut carbs and still enjoy the flavor of a well liked dish. My gf and I make these as often as we can since out local market sells the mushrooms for a decent price. The caps can get a little chewy though so be careful when trying to bite into them as they can get just a little bit messy. This dish calls for the usual sausage and pepperoni toppings, but can obviously be customized many different ways depending on your tastes and lifestyles. Enjoy
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked sausage
- Mini pepperonis
- Any other toppings you might prefer on your pizza
- Preheat oven to broil and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Brush the bottoms of the portobello mushrooms with mixture.
- Place mushrooms, bottom side down, on baking sheet. Build pizzas by evenly dividing marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, sausage and mini pepperonis between mushrooms.
- Broil for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!