This recipe is another that I have yet to try, but I’m looking forward to doing so this summer as well. This pie can be customized multiple ways thanks to the gelatin mix and pre-made crust options out there. It can be low sugar as well depending on what crusts you use. I personally like the idea of this with a lemon or lime flavor to it, so I’ll have to give that a go.
- 2/3 C boiling water
- 1 pkg (4 servings) of fruit flavored gelatin mix
- 1/2 cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz) Whipped Topping, thawed
- Graham cracker pie crust (pre-made or make your own)
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in a large bowl for at least 2 mins or until completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice to the cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice. Add whipped topping; stir with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Refrigerate 15 to 20 mins or until mixture is thick enough to mound. Spoon into crust
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until firm. Store left over pie in the refrigerator.