Summer for me, usually means everything gets a mint overhaul if I can help it. (Same with the month or so between Thanksgiving and just after new years.) Chocolate and Mint is a timeless mix, (Although my brother in Georgia would deny that vehemently) and one that I have loved since I was a kid. This drink is perfect for the hot summer that the desert offers and the chocolate is an indulgence that I can’t pass up myself. The entire recipe can be made almost completely sugar free, save for what might be from milk and whipped cream, though whipped cream isn’t too bad if its regular. You can even find the candies used in the sugar free section of most big box stores or even your local pharmacy that carries a sugar free variety in their candy section. What’s even better, is this drink can take as little as five mins to make, depending on how you go about it and can be customized any number of ways, from the pudding to the candies used to flavor it, or any other means of flavoring it.
- 2 C milk
- 1 C Whipped cream topping, not thawed
- 1 pkg (4 servings size) chocolate flavored instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 small chocolate flavored mint patties
- POUR milk into 1-qt measuring cup, and add enough ice to measure 3 cups total then pour it all into the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth
- Pour into glasses and enjoy