As I return from a longer than planned break in blogging, The heat of the desert is starting to kick up, and with it comes a time for cold drinks and frozen treats. This recipe is a nice way to scare off the heat for a little bit and can be enjoyed within 5 hours of making it, perfect for dessert, snacks or whenever you want. The coffee flavor may not be ideal for children, if this is the case, I’m sure chocolate milk mix would be a satisfying and tasty alternative to the instant coffee.
- 1 pkg (11.1 oz) of any no-bake cheesecake variety
- 5 tbsp of butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup instant mocha/coffee mix divided
- 2 tbsp sugar (or sweetener)
- 1 1/2 C cold milk (Usually 2% or whole is better, It helps the cheesecake mix set up properly
- 1 tub (8 oz) Thawed Whipped Topping
- Line a 9×5-in Loaf pan with foil, mix the crust mix from the cheesecake package with butter, 2 tbsp of instant coffee and sugar in a med bowl until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press 1/2 cup onto the bottom of the pan, reserving the remaining mixture for later
- Beat the milk, filling mix and the remaining instant coffee in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Keep beating on medium speed for 3 mins (Filling will thicken)
- Stir in whipped topping
- Spoon in 1/3 of the mixture over the crust, and then sprinkle with 1/3 of the remaining crust mixture.
- Repeat layers twice, before covering tightly with additional foil
- Freeze at LEAST 4 hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto serving tray, let stand 10 mins before serving.
Store leftovers in the freezer
Prep time 20 mins, total: 4 hours 20 mins (Including freezing.)
Makes 12 servings