I follow a few recipe pages on social media, and I love to save their recipes when they catch my eye. Only problem with that, is that my saves list starts to get too long and makes it hard to find this or that on it, so I decided when I made this blog, that I would be posting the information here. Like with these noodles here by a site called Cooking Panda. The recipe looks easy enough for a quick meal, either for lunch later, or dinner on a day when you just can’t stay on your feet much longer. (You know what I’m talking about.) With five minutes of prep and only fifteen minutes for cooking, you’ll be back off your feet and munching away like a happy panda. I haven’t tried this one myself yet, but it looks like it’ll be coming up soon on our menu. Probably with some red pepper flakes or hot sauce to give it a kick. I could also see it as easy to customize in other ways, just let your taste buds be your guide with this one. And while the recipe calls for wheat noodles, the page I found this on states that any given noodle would likely do.
- 12 ounces dried wheat noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili oil, optional
1) Get your noodles boiling in a pot.
2) While noodles cook, add oil and ground beef to a skillet. Brown. Add onions and garlic. Stir.
3) When noodles are cooked, add spinach and noodles to skillet.
4) Pour soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil and honey over noodles. Stir to combine and fully coat noodles. You may also add chili oil at this time if you desire.
5) Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve and enjoy! And remember, this is supposed to be an easy, fast dish. Don’t worry about trying to make it too complicated unless you’re looking to test your skills at altering and improving recipes. 😀